Killington Resort, Darkside Snowboards and Burton are teaming up once again for the 7th Annual Slash & Berm Banked Slalom. Snowboarders will gather at Killington’s The Stash terrain park to take advantage of the natural terrain and all the creative elements the mountain has to offer for a great cause. The action will start on Friday with a Shop Team Invite Only banked slalom event. Shops will enter teams to compete for the Slash & Berm Banked Slalom title. Saturday’s event is open to all snowboarders and will be timed individually. The action continues on Sunday with the newly formed Grom event to take place in the Lil’ Stash at Ramshead.
Slash & Berm is a banked slalom event to benefit the Burton Chill Foundation held at Killington to bring the East Coast snowboarding community together.
- Open Men 13+
- Open Women 13+
- Amateur Combined
- Legends Men 40+
- Legends Women 40+
- Grom Boys 10 – 13
- Grom Girls 10-13
- Super Grom Boys 9 & Under
- Super Grom Girls 9 & Under
*Grom and Super Grom Divisions will compete on Sunday in the Lil’ Stash on Ramshead
- Saturday check-in will be held on the 3rd floor of the Bear Mountain Fuel TV Lounge from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on event day. All athletes must check-in prior to 9:30 a.m. in order to receive a bib and compete.
- Sunday check-in will be held on the 3rd floor of the Ramshead Base Lodge from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on event day. All athletes must check-in prior to 9:30 a.m. in order to receive a bib and compete.
- Entry Fee is $60 for the Open Division, which includes a lift ticket and lunch. Killington season pass holders may enter at $40 which does not include a lift ticket, please use promo code KSPASS to receive your discount.
- Entry Fee is $30 for the Grom Divisions, which includes a lift ticket. Killington season pass holders may enter at $15 which does not include a lift ticket, please use promo code KGROM to receive your discount.
- No registration/check-ins will be taken after 9:30 a.m.
- Due to the nature of this event, competitors are required to have a season pass/lift ticket in order to compete.
- All participants of Slash & Berm must fill out an Express Assumption of Risk form, if under 18, you must have a parent/guardian’s signature.
- If spots are still available, day-of registration for the event will take place from 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. at there respected locations. Participants my pay via check or cash.
- Each participant must wear a properly fastened snow sports helmet during all event practice, inspection and competition.
- Scope it out. Make a habit of course/venue inspection before every event.
- Know your limits (skill and ability levels) and stay within them. This isn’t the time to try something you’ve never done before.
- Due to the course location, there will be no spectator area on Saturday.
- Friday: 4 team members will take 2 runs each. Top 3 individual times are combined for best time: 1 missed gate results in a disqualified run.
- Saturday: Best of 2 runs; 1 missed gate results in a disqualified run.
- Sunday: Best of 2 runs; 1 missed gate results in a disqualified run.
“In 2003 Jake Burton started the conversation of his vision for a dream resort run. The run would blend freestyle and all mountain riding and give riders the features and lines to be as creative as possible while inspiring them to ride all types of terrain.
The Stash is all about getting back to the roots of snowboarding and taking it back to the woods. We make the Stash runs as organic as the woods themselves. Every local has his or her favorite secret run. It’s the one you create from scratch, the one that’s a flowy mix of log jibs, pow slashes, speedy carves, jumps and drops all mixed-up along the way.
We want to give a shout out to the photographers, videographers and a special shout out to The Stash Park Crews who work super hard to create, maintain and evolve these amazing runs for riders around the world to enjoy. The runs wouldn’t be possible without them.